Free People "Cool & Clean" Vegan Jacket
I don't understand why stores keep touting this jacket as "vegan" and "faux" leather. When I first saw it, I swooned and thought, "OMG, distressed velvet!" I would never have been interested in the former, but I was all over the latter.
If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may have noticed my obsession with thrift stores, flea markets, and other after-market sales venues, but part of why I love being frugal with fashion is that it frees me up to pounce (!) on full-priced beauties I can't live without.
So what moved me to nab this baby at full price? And knock down doors at five different retailers before I finally gave up and ordered it online?
- Divine, unusual dried-blood color
- Soft, velvety texture with just a hint of distressed shine at some edges
- Comfy, breathable (!!) rayon shell and lining
- Wired, moldable neckline that actually stays folded as a v-neck
- Rare combination of a slim fit and superb comfort thanks to high quality knit side panels
- Mythical ability to still appear slim-fitting and flattering when worn open!
I am still stuck in bed sick, so no OOTD with the jacket as planned... yet. In the mean time, you can check 'er out for yourself at Free People, Nordstrom, Bloomies, Macy's, and Lord & Taylor. Also available in navy, grey, ivory, black, tan, and mauve.
I paid full price for this item and am not affiliated with any of these retailers. I will generate no commission from this post.