Navy, Marina, & Shaded Spruce
This week is about Fall 2017's color trends! Today, we're leaving the warm colors behind for the cool: Navy Peony, Marina, & Shaded Spruce.
A mainstay for the season for both palettes, Navy Peony is a dependable and an anchoring shade. Solid and stable, the hue takes some of the load off of black as a go-to neutral.
Cool with an enhanced vitality, Marina is the only truly cool color in the fall palette that brings with it freshness and brightness.
[Shaded Spruce] is a green you might see in the forest – sheltering and protective as evergreen trees.
These colors all veer toward blue, even though Marina is similar to periwinkle purple and spruce obviously also contains a lot of green. Because of the blue, all of these colors pack an undercurrent of optimism, security, and trustworthiness that makes them easy to wear and mix-and-match with other shades.
How to Wear It
These colors are so easy to wear and universally appealing that there aren't too many restrictions! Here are some fun ideas:
- Choose the deeper navy or spruce near your face if you have softer coloring, and choose the brighter marina if you have brighter skin (fair or tan with good pigmentation and no freckles).
- Wear all 3 trendy colors together for a modern tonal ensemble.
- If these colors skew too cool for you, wear them away from your face and try pairing them with warmer tops in port, plum, or olive.
- Tone down eccentric or edgy designs with cool, reliable color.
- Pair blues with black for added sophistication.
- Or, liven up these steady, reliable colors with adventurous orange!
It's hard to imagine a Fall with out blues in denim, leather jackets, bags, and suits! But are you feeling them this year? Is the lovely, dark, and deep mood calling to you, or are you feeling joyful and adventurous?