Father's Day Gift Idea: Comfy Sandals
We did this for Mother's Day, and now it's Dad's turn!
Sometimes, dads just want to sit down after a long week and watch the game - but when they want to get out and have fun with you this summer, he needs the right shoes to take it easy on those feet... and we all know that guys don't always take care of their shoe situation the way we do! So how about gifting him the comfy sandals he won't invest in for himself?
When buying shoes, think about Dad's activities and foot health needs:
- Active, fast walkers may like the security of an ankle strap on a fisherman or all-arounder style
- For long days standing and strolling, try brands like Crocs for extra cushion
- For arch support & stability for those who may have had foot injuries or need orthotics, try brands like Dansko, Mephisto, and even Fitflop.
- For a sophisticated dad, look for elegant materials like genuine leather or subtly-colored canvas.
- For dads who hate showing their toes, there are also fisherman and huarache styles that combine the look of a loafer with the ventilation to keep their feet happy in the heat
There you go - happy shoe shopping! Click through to the Polyvore for item details and links.