Hands-Free Bags for Mom at $50, $100 & $200
Whether you're gifting to a new mom with a baby strapped to her side or your adult mother who should really quit carrying a heavy shoulder bag, crossbody bags are a fantastic Mother's Day gift idea!
Hands-free styles are trendy, practical, and fit any body type. This season, a crossbody in a beachy neutral - white, cream, sand, tan, blue, pebble, blush, rose gold, etc. - can be worn every day to mix and match with all of the hottest colors for Spring and Summer... what's more, they're also versatile enough to mix well with any of Mom's signature colors. Click the main image to go to the Polyvore with links and prices!
Tips for buying a crossbody:
- Up your versatility by choosing a bag large enough to fit a standard check wallet (unless you know for sure that Mom never carries one)
- Look for wider straps - or buy an extra, guitar-style strap! - to make the bag comfy to carry
- Choose secure closures like zippers and turn locks for security
- If Mom is on the shorter side, also opt for an adjustable strap, so the bag doesn't get caught under the bum or bang into her knees
- If Mom wears lots of delicate knits/sweaters, stay away from details like sequins or excess zippers, which might snag her clothes
- Think structured, boxy styles for a strict & proper mom; slouchy, soft styles for a fun & funky mama
... and of course, if the mom you're shopping for happens to be YOU, that's totally-actually-100%-no-doubt-no-kidding-fabulously OK! ;)