Mother's Day Gift Idea: Metallic Comfort Shoes
Happy May, Dear Readers!
We're in the middle of a longer series on Body Types, set to examine Profile Types next. But with Mother's Day just around the corner, I thought I'd jump on in with a few fun gift ideas before you hit shopping crunch time.
Chasing you around all those years may have worn your mom's feet out - but that doesn't mean she can't have fun with footwear!
How about some practically comfortable - yet totally fun and shiny! - shoes?
Metallics are everywhere, so she'll be hip and modern. Plus, there is a shade of metal and a style of shoe for every skin tone and personality: from bright gold heels to deep bronze flats to subtle pewter sneakers.
Tips for shoe shopping:
- Know Mom's size - but still get a gift receipt. Shoes are always hard to fit. If you can, grab two sizes and return one later, so that Mom can wear her gift right away!
- Think about her unique foot issues. Does she need extra stability from a brand like Dansko or Paul Green? Or does she just like a soft shoe? Does she need a roomy toe box for bunions?
- Think about skin tone - warm skin looks better in gold and bronze, while cool skin favors silver and pewter.
- Consider her wardrobe and lifestyle - would Mom get more use out of a beachy sandal or a ladylike heel?
- How about arch support? If your Mom needs it, make any shoe immediately more comfy with Dr. Rosenberg's Instant Arches! A client turned me on to these - they are inexpensive, easy to install, and actually work.
Happy shopping everyone! Do you know what you're getting your mom for Mother's Day? How about your Mother In-Law?? Are your moms tough to shop for?