Parsing Trends: Body Bags
Continuing our run of handbag trends for Spring 2017, today is all about hands-free varieties: fanny packs, waist pouches, backpacks, and cross-bodies! The references of hands-free bags are all over the map, so to speak, ranging from carefree visions of backpacking through Europe to Batman-esque utility to Renaissance belt pouches.
It doesn't seem to matter which of these you choose; the trend is all about getting those bags out of your hands.
- Prepared/Ready for Anything
- Too Busy/Rushed
To keep this look easy-going and lighthearted for Spring, here are a few Do's and Don'ts you might keep in mind:
- Do choose bags with thin, delicate straps to offset the practicality factor.
- Don't load your hands-free bag to bursting or sagging.
- Don't carry extra stuff just because you can (unless you are actually going on safari...).
- Do look for fun elements like bright colors, shiny hardware, and prints.
- Do choose elevated materials like leather to keep the look grown-up and chic.
I love being hands-free while shopping at thrift stores and flea markets, so I already own some beloved cross-body bags and slings. This season, I'm also going to make a point to adjust the strap on one of my cross-body bags to wear as a waist pouch. :)