How Do You Want To Be Seen?
This week, we're talking all about how to Think Like a Designer and create your own, unique style every season. This helps make your look very intentional, authentic, and stand-out.
If you're looking for a signature look, it is far more important to develop your own brand than to "put on" someone else's brand.
You can also use your image and your personal brand as a very powerful tool to help you get what you want out of life and really address the deeper motivations that drive you.
1. To do this, you first have to ponder a bit about your overall life goals and get crystal clear on what they are. Common goals I encounter with my clients are:
- A happy marriage
- Financial freedom
- More clients
- Higher confidence
- More free time
2. Next, for each goal, think about the people around you who might help you achieve that goal. If we take the goal of a happy marriage as an example, you definitely need the help and cooperation of your future spouse! A list of possible allies might look like:
- Your dates
- Friends/Family who might introduce you to dates
3. Finally, think about how you want to be seen by these people. What do you want to say to them? What message and impression do you want to give about yourself? Continuing with the dating example, you might want to say:
- I'm a high value person who will treat you well - if you do the same.
- A life with me includes outdoor activities, travel, and a house full of animals!
- Being around me is fun and upbeat, but not crazy and obnoxious.
- I have my proverbial shit together and will make a good partner.
- I'm quite organized and will run our household efficiently.
Of course, your mileage may vary! Everyone's statements will be different, as well they should be. The important thing is to get some clarity on what awesome stuff you have to offer - because later this week we're going to discuss how you go about translating your inner values to external cues... using nothing more esoteric than the clothes in your closet.