Occasion: Client Appointment
Dress Code: Business Casual
Outdoor Temps: 80°F
Activity Level: Moderate
Wearing: Ann Taylor cropped shell (flea market), Club Monaco pencil skirt (flea market), Arturo Chiang sandals (Ebay), Brahmin saddlebag (Ebay), Madewell cat medallion (Madewell).
So there aren't any actual buttons on this outfit, but the effect feels very "buttoned up" to me down here in Los Angeles - without all the horrible warmth that usually goes with structured, form-fitting ensemble.
The day was hot enough to go without a jacket, but I still wanted to maintain some formality for this appointment - so I couldn't just throw on a gauzy, loose sundress and call it a day. For a combination of breezy and business-appropriate, I chose I combination of:
- Woven fabrics, which are more formal than soft knits.
- Larger sizes than normal, which created more airflow.
- Structured cuts, which added polish and prevented a baggy look.
- Elegant textures like silk and linen, for a dressy feel.
- A cropped shell to create even more airflow and avoid the multiple layers created by a tucked-in look.
It's not a suit and tie - but when the temperatures climb, a girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! I hope some of these tips will help you beat the heat... it looks even warmer today...