Pencil Me In
Occasion: Networking Meeting, Client Appointment
Dress Code: Creative Casual
Outdoor Temps: 81°F, humid
Activity Level: Low
Wearing: Elie Tahari skirt (thrift store), Arturo Chiang sandals (Ebay), Brahmin "Vivian Vineyard" satchel (Nordies), unbranded tunic (Goodwill), Alexis Bittar cuff (flea market).
It had finally cooled down when I wore this outfit, but it was still significantly hot and humid, and my new favorite coffee shop (The Source in Hermosa - thanks for the intro, Karen!) doesn't do air conditioning. Keeping that in mind, the theme of this outfit was similar to my July 4 Travel Capsule: airflow and breathability:
- Loose tunic stands away from the body and has an open back detail, which was appropriate for my creative meeting.
- Pencil skirt is unlined, which makes it cool, and the structured cut keeps the look sleek and professional while the abstract print looks unconventional and summery.
- Knotted wedge sandals were comfortable for my client appointment and cool enough for my warm morning meeting, while the knotted detail acknowledge a fashion trend I enjoy.
- Striped satchel is a nod to the bold stripes trend that remains upscale and dignified.
- The artsy cuff bracelet is a recognizable designer to make the look a little bit upscale while maintaining a creative vibe.
- Bright orange pedicure (applied with The Sister and Dad for a Father's Day and birthday celebration!) participates in the trendy "fiesta red" color and provides a polished (literally) and cheerful pop of color.
I'm excited to get some final wear out of my Spring clothes this 4th of July weekend, which looks to be a very comfortable low-80s affair where I am. After that, I'm sure my High Summer and heatwave capsules will definitely come to the fore... despite the fact that all the stores are blowing out summer looks to make room for wool coats!
More on dressing for heatwaves, blistering temps, and Indian Summers coming soon!